Take a glimpse into the life of Kylie Klein! Hopefully you leave inspired . . . or at least entertained!

Wednesday, May 18, 2011

6th Grade, 5th Place, Jesus Christ

This is a sweet, heartfelt essay, beautifully written and simple in its message. Nice job Jacquel, keep up the good work. Kylie

Jacquel
Lava Ridge Intermediate
6th grade

If I could meet anyone, it would be...

If I could meet anyone in the world, from any country, during any time period, it would be the Savior of the World, Jesus Christ. I want to meet Jesus Christ because He is the one person who is pure in heart, unforgettably perfect, and understands who I truly am.

I would want Jesus to feel comfortable, so I would insist we meet at the manger where He was born. This manger is very important to Jesus and me. This is the place where He entered into the world. The place where His parents showered Him with love and hope. This is the place where everyone came who saw the sign of His coming.

The first question I would ask Jesus is “How does it feel to know you helped so many people reach their goals and to see the path they should follow?” I would ask this question because it touches my heart deeply. Jesus spent His whole life telling people what’s good and bad, right and wrong, and which way to go. He taught the people that wanted to learn about the gospel and how there is really only one mighty God. Most people didn’t believe Him at first, but He never stopped trying. I would ask Him a few other questions such as “How does it feel to be perfect in every way and be the good example?” and “Your love for us is so strong that you would die on the cross and take upon all the sins in the world for us, why would you do that for mankind?” I do know that Jesus loves us with all of his heart and will never stop. He is perfect in a way I will never know and cannot describe on paper.

I would like Jesus to know how His life and decisions have changed history entirely. Like how Jesus started Christianity in Roman province of Palestine or as we know of it today Jordan and Israel, and how He preached about forgiveness and mercy. He taught the Romans and Greeks of the one mighty God. He also taught people of the Ten Commandments. He said that if people followed what He said and believe in God they would go to heaven. Jesus has affected me by leading and guiding me away from sin; He has affected my family by showing us love and helping us know what to do; He has affected my community by introducing church, which church is true, and to join; and the most important of all He has affected the world by giving us scriptures which are called the Bible and the Book of Mormon and also sending out personal missionaries to teach those who are blind and need a boost in the right direction.

I know that sometimes it’s hard to stay away from temptations and you so badly want to do things that Jesus and God ask us not to do. If you plan out your life wisely and try to stay away from things that tempt you most, I believe that all of us will go to heaven. A few examples to stay away from are watching bad T.V. shows, looking at bad stuff on the computer or swearing. Another example is sometimes people gossip and it really hurts others feelings. So next time if your friend is talking badly about someone, just walk away. If we lose our way in sin, you will always be able to find the right path and get back on track. As humans, let’s make the best of life and do what feels right in our hearts. Jesus has taught me already to accept people as they are and love everyone, even if they do look a little funny or don’t dress as nicely as everyone else. Jesus loves everyone equally even if the person right next to you has sinned more than you have, Jesus still loves you both the same. Don’t put people down to make yourself feel better than them, just make the best of your day and restart tomorrow. Nobody’s perfect except for Jesus Christ, the first son of God. We all are brothers and sisters trying to get back to Heaven to live with our brother Jesus Christ and our Heavenly Father.

Some kids have never heard of the name Jesus Christ. So one day I would like to possibly go on a mission and serve somewhere in the world to people that don’t know about the Gospel. I know that Jesus Christ died for all of us, and that our life here on earth is not just about money, T.V., electronics, or any other earthly possession. When we all go to heaven, your going to need to leave the X box, Wii, and DS behind. Deep in everyone’s hearts, we know it’s true, that living here on earth is not about worldly items, its about getting back to Heavenly Father.

Have you ever had that really strong, warm, tingly feeling in your heart? That is the Holy Ghost speaking to you. That warm sensation is telling you this is true. That what I am saying is right. That Christ is really there and loves us all. And I know that we really have to prove ourselves to Jesus if we are worthy enough to go to heaven.

Jesus Christ is so special. Who wouldn’t want to talk to the one man that matters the most? The one person that understands it all, the one person who understands me, and accepts me for who I am. The person who loves me incredibly and loves you too. The one person who all His life worried about you and what you really cared about here on earth. Don’t you think He matters? Don’t you think you could try to follow Him, to at least try to pay Him back for all He did for you and me? He is the one true Savior. No one could have done a better job than Him.

The life of a baby born in a manger with loving and caring parents to teach Him and guide him ended up turning into a man who saved the world from sin by sacrificing Himself on the cross for us. That shows unconditional love from Jesus to us. I know that my Savior loves me, and that the scriptures are true. That one day I really will be able to have a private conversation with Jesus Christ. If I could talk to one person privately about anything, I know I would automatically choose Jesus the Son of God, my beloved brother, and the true Messiah.

No comments:

Post a Comment