Take a glimpse into the life of Kylie Klein! Hopefully you leave inspired . . . or at least entertained!

Friday, May 20, 2011

7th Grade Honorable Mention Thomas Monson

I am fortunate enough to get to read hundreds and hundreds of essays from students across Utah. I can tell when students are writing the essay for a grade, or because their teacher "made them write it". When pulling out the final winners, we are looking not only for well-written and well-researched essays, we are also looking for essays that come from the heart. Brian's essay about Thomas Monson is a great example of a well-written essay that the author truly believes in. Great job Brian!

Brian C
Diamond Fork Junior High
7th Grade

If I could meet anyone in the world, from any country, during any time period, it would be Thomas Monson, prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints. I want to meet Thomas Monson because he is like a modern-day superhero! He is the prophet of the church, which I belong. He was chosen by God to teach us what we need to do and how to find answers. I believe inthese teachings and because of these teachings I want to meet this great man. He is a prophet of God and all the prophets of God have been able to do amazing things: they have healed the sick and the blind. They have also taught the word of Christ in every country and every language. They continually teach that we should have a relationship with God through reading the scriptures and praying to Him. One day at school, I was having a tough time. However, I remember what I had been taught, and I prayed to God. By the end of that day, everything had turned out all right. Amazing things have happened to me when I pray to Heavenly Father and when I read His word. Prophets also teach that we need to pay our tithing. Paying tithing means giving ten percent of your earnings to the Church for the construction of other church buildings and glorious temples. There was a time I paid my tithing instead of purchasing something I wanted. When I paid my tithing, the toy I had wanted went down in price so I was able to buy it. As soon as I meet Thomas Monson I will shake his hand and feel the strength of the Holy Ghost upon me. Then I would ask him to share his testimony on the Church of Christ as well as some of the adventures he had while teaching the gospel. I want to listen to him. I want to feel the things he says rest in my heart. I wonder what blessings might come upon me from the experience and what I will experience in the days following our meeting. I am sure I would remember what he said forever. I would ponder his words in times of need. The words would help me know everything will eventually turn out all right.

I would want Thomas Monson to feel comfortable so I would insist that we meet at the temple. This place would be important to Thomas Monson because the temple is the House of God. In this place, Thomas Monson can see and talk with God. This would be the perfect place to meet Thomas Monson because it would almost be like standing in the presence of Heavenly Father. As the prophet, Thomas S. Monson connects us to God because he is his mouthpiece. If I were privileged enough to talk with President Monson in the temple, I think I would always be able to remember that special feeling in my heart. The temple of God would be the most amazing place on earth, and to meet the prophet of the LDS Church inside of it would be indescribable! I would always ponder how peaceful it felt being in the temple, and in addition to that, speaking with the prophet of God's Church! I would remember that experience in my heart forever! And even after forever I would remember! I would go back to the temple every chance I had to ponder the things he said to me. I would always look at the temple and remember with it, looking at the prophet Thomas S. Monson. I would hear the birds chirp and be able to remember the soft and love filled voice of this great man. I would feel the marble walls of the temple and remember shaking President Monson's hand, sensing the power of Heavenly Father and His Son, Jesus Christ, inside him. I would remember him speaking in the temple forever because of how glorious I felt. I would always ponder his words when in the temple. I would remember the things he felt for the spreading of the gospel and for the people of the Church. I could always recall and gain comfort from the things he taught and the love he showed.

The first question I would ask Thomas Monson is,” How do you feel teaching others about the gospel?” I would ask him this because I sometimes feel awkward when I relate things or try and teach others about the word of God. I also want to know how President Monson feels about the people around him. How is he able to quickly relate things to the gospel? I would also ask him what methods he uses to convert people. I want to know how I could help others unto Christ more easily than I would normally do. I would ask him these questions because I want to comfort and assist some of my friends who are different, lonely, and feel like no one is on their side. I know that when people come unto Christ, why are able to feel his love, no matter what their life situation might be. I would ask for help and use his advice myself. However, I would also be able to relate his advice to the people that I know. I would love to hear president Monson's wisdom. I could record his words and bring them up when I am sad or in need. I could use these words of wisdom with my friends to help them feel more comfortable with themselves. I am sure that I would be able to use these words to help people in need, especially to those who are sad and those who are hurt. Lastly, I would ask Thomas S. Monson how to make people feel more comfortable with the gospel. It is deeply important to me to have people understand my beliefs and the lifestyle I have.

I would like Thomas S. Monson to know how their life, or how one of their decisions or how one of their posterity changed history. I would like him to know how much of an influence he is on me, how he encourages me to change and how he inspires me to be a better person. With his love and christian teachings, I know I can do it. I will not just try, but I will become better by the minute. I will do my best to help my friends feel all the good feelings they ever wanted to experience. I will make them feel great with the words President Monson shares with me. I will make people think their highest thoughts around me. I will encourage people around me to want to be better. I will help them to be happier with the things Thomas Monson, the prophet of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints said. I will show them how to be happier with the word of the gospel. I will live this way because I know it is what Thomas S. Monson would do. I want him to know how powerful his influence is to the people of the world. There are people who continue living through trials and do all they can for others, simply relying on what Heavenly Father can do for them. I am going to be one of those people because I know the things president Monson teaches are true. I will do whatever I can to do serve just because that is what he would want me to do. Thomas S. Monson and all the other prophets of the LDS Church have, perhaps, the greatest effect on the world. I would want Thomas S. Monson to know all of the people of the LDS church trust in his teachings and follow them faithfully. That, I am sure, will make him proud of us. I can use this desire to please the prophet and my heavenly father to be happy, to say kind things, and to help people. I would always think, “What would I do if Thomas S. Monson were standing right next to me? Would he be proud?” I will always have that thought on my mind because of the influence he has on me. I love Thomas S. Monson and these are the reasons I want to meet him more than anyone else on earth.

No comments:

Post a Comment