Take a glimpse into the life of Kylie Klein! Hopefully you leave inspired . . . or at least entertained!

Friday, May 20, 2011

6th Grade Honorable Mention, William Shakespeare

Another great 6th grade essay! Gabi makes writing seem easy and she describes her love for Shakespeare. Keep up the good work Gabi, I look forward to your essay next year! Kylie

Gabi S
Ecker Hill International Middle School
Sixth Grade

What If There Was Time Travel?

What if there really was time travel? What would you do with that privilege?
Beep, ding, whoosh. Back to the year of 1592!

I opened the big, heavy doors of the library and took a step in. It was enormous.
All I could see was rows and rows of books, from fantasy, to science, to everything. I
could smell the pages of the millions and millions of fabulous books. It was an earthy
smell, more so then libraries today. I could hear the librarians, old and brittle, whispering to be please be quite. I wandered down the shelfs looking at the spines of the books, some brand new, some old. As I was running my fingers along the spines of the books one of them caught me off guard. It had a leather cover with the words “Romeo and Juliet” written in gold on the front cover...

If I could meet anyone in the world, from any country, during any time period, it
would be the extraordinary, outstanding, William Shakespeare. I want to meet him
because he wrote stunning books, romantic poems, and magnificent playwrights that blew people away! I think it would be really cool to hear him read some of his awesome books or poems in modern english. He would have so much emotion - fear, joy, love, hate, or horror in his voice! It would be so delighting! I would really like for him to teach me some of his secrets in writing. I think that he could be an inspiration
to my own writing. He would inspire me to write more often. I would also ask him how
he came up with ideas, got past writing blocks and made his way up to being famous!
William Shakespeare is the person I would meet if I could meet anyone, from any time,
anywhere!

I would want Shakespeare to feel comfortable, so I would absolutely insist that we
meet at a library in Warwickshire. The reason for it being in Warwickshire, is because he was born there and I think that most every body loves and enjoys their home town. I
think that the library would be appropriate because he wrote books and loved to read! He would feel comfortable because now a days libraries are full of his work and he loved to be in quite places.

The first question I would ask William Shakespeare would be, “Was the role of
Juliet based on someone in your love life?” I would ask that question because I have
always loved the story “Romeo and Juliet”! I have always wondered what it would feel
like to be Juliet. I would also ask him to explain exactly how he pictured the amazing,
comely, Juliet, and the buff, handsome, Romeo. Since Romeo and Juliet were madly in
love, I have always wondered if Shakespeare himself, ever felt love of that kind. If he
had, then I would insist on listening to him tell about that story of his past. It would be so romantic! That’s what I would ask him if I got to magically travel back into history, and meet the one and only William Shakespeare!

I would like William Shakespeare to know how his work changed history. I would tell him that today we still use a quite a few of the outstanding words he added to the
language, and we, very much appreciate them. I would also tell him that he is an
unmatched figure when it comes to writing breathtaking masterpieces! Most everyone in
North America knows of his prose. One of his most famous pieces, “Romeo and Juliet,”
have inspired writers of today for their own books, poems, and playwrights. They all look up to him as a fellow writer. In that library in Warwickshire, I would tell Shakespeare how he changed the future.

Going back in time to visit the superb, magnificent, William Shakespeare, I would
ask him some questions about writing, about some of his masterpieces, ask questions to
learn more about his life, and to be sure he knew of his impact.

...Then I saw him, William Shakespeare the writer of the book I had in my hand -
“Romeo and Juliet”! I was so excited, I had to hold my breath so I wouldn’t scream my
heart out! Is it really him? I don’t know. I think it is. I’m going to go up and talk to him, right now. Ready, set, go!

No comments:

Post a Comment