Take a glimpse into the life of Kylie Klein! Hopefully you leave inspired . . . or at least entertained!

Friday, May 20, 2011

8th Grade, 5th Place (Tie) - Captain Kirk

So, this may be my favorite essay I have EVER received. I have read Ben's essay about Captain Kirk ten times, and each time I have to remind myself that Captain Kirk is NOT a real person, however Ben has done an amazing job of making him seem real! This essay is well-written and passionate! Great job!

Benjamin D
Dixon Middle
8th

If I could meet anyone in the world, from any country, during any time period, it would be James T. Kirk. I want to meet James Kirk because he saved earth and was a great captain. He was the most famous and most honored star fleet captain ever and he was the captain of the Enterprise. He was also the youngest captain ever. He was promoted to admiral 15 years after he graduated from the star fleet academy.

During his career he did many important things. He stopped V’ger, an unidentified energy field, from destroying earth in 2273 by helping it to evolve so it could understand other concepts it couldn’t understand before. In 2286 he saved the world from a probe that had come to earth and started transmit frequencies that were destroying earth. He went back in time to get whales to communicate with the probe. He saved earth yet another time when Nero a Romulan from the future comes to destroy the federation. He saved three races during his career. He went on many other journeys during his career.

He had good personality traits. He was fast thinking and loyal. He had high moral standards. He inspired loyalty in people for example when he set out to save Spock his crew risked their jobs to help him steal the enterprise. He was very patriotic, he had the preamble of the constitution memorized and his childhood hero was Abraham Lincoln.

I would want captain Kirk to feel comfortable so I would insist that we meet on the Enterprise. I would meet him there because he was the captain of it for a long time. He was promoted to be the captain on it in 2264 and he served missions on the Enterprise for the rest of his life. He spent a lot of his life on board the Enterprise.

The first question I would as Captain Kirk would be “What is it like to interact with other life forms?” because he handles relations with other life forms a lot. He was also a close friend with Spock. It would be really cool to interact with aliens. It would be interesting to learn about their cultures and languages. I would really like to know what aliens cultures are like, to see if cultures are similar or what makes them different. For instance are they affected by what their home planet is like or what type of animals are on their planet. Interacting with aliens would really be cool because it would show you how many different types of cultures there are.

When I met with him I would ask to see if he could take me to see the planet Vulcan because it would be cool to see another planet. I would also want him to teach me how to to fly space ships because knowing how to control something that advanced would help me become an astronaut. I would also have him teach me the basics on their machines to help me become a aerospace engineer (if I am not a astronaut). After a few days studying with Kirk I could lead the field of quantum physics.

I would like Captain Kirk to know that he saved earth more than five times. If he hadn’t humans would be close to extinct. This affects me because if he didn’t save the world most of the world’s creations in art, history, and science would be destroyed, all of the achievements of human kind would be forgotten eventually.

If I could meet Captain Kirk I would try to get Spock to come with Kirk. It would be interesting to meet Spock because he is part Vulcan. Meeting a Vulcan would be interesting because their life style is so much different from ours. The Vulcans are a lot more advanced. Volcans are very intelligent so it would be fascinating to see what Spock knew. It would also be cool because Spock accompanied Kirk on most of his voyages.

I would want Spock to be comfortable so I would insist we meet on the planet Vulcan because it is where he grew up. He would be most comfortable because he knows Vulcan. Another place we could meet is on the Enterprise because he served on her for a long time. He was with Captain Kirk for most of his missions so he would be comfortable there.

The first thing I would ask Spock would be “what is it like to be part Vulcan and part human?” because that would be weird to be part Vulcan and part human. It would be interesting to be Vulcan and human because Vulcans aren’t allowed to show emotion but humans show emotion on purpose. I would think being both Vulcan and human would be hard. I would a want to know how/if he mixed human and Vulcan cultures.

Spock and Kirk make a perfect team of reasoning and passion. Kirk is pro-active and impulsive. Quick to way risk without come. Spock is completely logical and valances that balances that impulsivity. Together they can accomplish great things.

No comments:

Post a Comment